Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Crash

I Crashed. :(

Last Sunday,we (Me & few friends) went tripping to tahmini Ghats & Dongerwadi. It turned sour, on the way I lost control (gravel on the uphill & my front brakes not up to mark) of my Karizma & I crashed :-(. It left me with a injury on my left knee; its a soft tissue tear, makes me drag my feet while walking. Doc's suggested to be on 5 day bed rest; unfortunately I cant do that. . That's my damage!. My bike's in a bad shape, I fell on the left side so the front fairing is scratched badly, an eye sour really. The handle's not in sync with the front wheel, in simple terms its alignment is totally screwed up. You need a squint eye to ride it the way its now. The "Premium Sport" lower mould I feel is moved little towards the engine. Kind of psychological apprehension. I was in pain after the fall least I could do was to pay attention to the bike, the choke got turned on due to the crash & my other friend who rode the bike back didn't realise the choke was turned on all the while. I fear an over flow of petrol for those 50-60kms to the engine.Don't know the Consequence of riding the bike with its choke on. I rode the bike last night after three days & I feel the impact could have possible done something to the gear shift too. I'm planning to get the bike serviced, just hope its should be through with some minor repairs. My Knee is recovering & I'm back in Office (with a crepe band). Still have a swelling though. I'm seriously looking at few modifications for my bike now. Will post pictures of my 'wounded soldier'soon. Any good bike modifiers in Pune?

No comments: