Thursday, April 03, 2008

It really holds EVERYTHING!



"Ipod,ipod burning Bright.
In the corner of the night".


No offence to Willam Blake, But that's what I feel about my New ipod. Since traveling has become a vital part of my Profession I’m bound to spend hours travelling. Best Solution to spend your travel time is to read or carry a media player. I already had a 1GB ipod (Black), the first generation one with a display but I required something more. Some thing which will be a complete solution to all the Movies & Music I have & would love to carry along. 1GB didn’t give me many options; I could just store around 200 song & pictures. The clarity of Pictures wasn’t that sharp.

I got my second ipod from US few weeks back; thanks to a very good friend who took all the trouble initially to put up with my confused state of buying an 80gb or an itouch, later with ordering it & sending it all the way to India safely. Thanks a ton Misraji, I owe you one.

I finally decided to go for a 80gb one & so did I get one- A 80GB Classic (Black- 5th Generation). So far, it has been worth the money put on it. Its got a huge Memory- around 76GB available to be utilized out of 80GB memory. It’s got one of the Crisp, brighter & sharper image quality, actually it’s the LCD. Watching Movies on the ipod is quite an experience & addictive too (Atleast for me, till now). The Audio as well as Video output has been staggering.

There are few concerns using or rather say making the best out of this ipod, here are few I could identify: You need a Video converter to convert avi or mpeg video files to mpP4 or any of ipod compatible videos. Converting a Movie itself is a great ordeal as the converts take nearing an hour to convert one English movie of 700mb. But trust me the wait is worth also. Syncing my ipod with 18GB data of pictures, songs & videos took atleast 15-18mins. I understand that the data is huge but Imagine if you are syncing your ipod with 60-70gb of data, Its going to take minimum of an Hour or plus. I have also been using my ipod as a pen drive. I been storing software’s & some movies & Picture Folders-you can use this option my creating an new folder in the ipod after you eject your ipod from itunes. I’ll update further on things you can do with ipod’s as I learn with days passing by, why wont anyone like to, when you have such an amazing gadgets with you. Speaking about ipod, want to see how to make your ipod a smashing one? Check this site http://www.smashmyipod.com

Here's what smashmyipod.com have to say about themselves? : After we collect $400 in donations, we will take that money to a local Apple Store. We will purchase the iPod, open it right inside the store, and destroy it right on the spot. The whole thing will be shot on film, and displayed on this site. This is only a social experiment, for the entertainment of the donors, and visitors of this site. For more info, read the faq.

No comments: