Tuesday, September 12, 2006

End of a Legecy:Schumi Retires

This Sunday all the speculation about Schumacher Retirement came to an end as he Formally announced that he would be stepping down from the Fasttrack after the End of this season.A great and amazing carrer comes to an end,hope to see his last few Races over the next few weekends.

Seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher will retire from Formula One at the end of the season.Ferrari issued two statements, one confirming Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa as drivers next season and another revealing the retirement of the sport's most successful driver.
Schumacher, who won Sunday's Italian Grand Prix, will not necessarily leave Ferrari, with the team statement revealing a 'new role' will be revealed shortly.
Schumacher said: "Words are not enough and whatever I could say now will never fully express how much I love this fascinating world of motorsport and all it has given me.

"From go-karting to Formula One I have lived through moments that I will never forget."
Schumacher's win at Monza was his 90th in Formula One and brings him within two points of championship leader Fernando Alonso as he chases an unprecedented eighth world title.
Schumacher said on ITV: "You have to savour the moment and find the right moment.
"This will be my last Monza race. At the end of this year I have decided I am going to retire from racing.

"This has been an exceptional time for me. Motorsport has given me some amazing moments.
"I have loved every single moment, the good and bad ones. Those make life so special.
"To finish in style has been fantastic."

No comments: