Thursday, June 29, 2006

Eternal Egypt

"If i have ever found a moon beautiful, it was because of the pyramids"

The gift of NILE!
I was always fascinated with Hiostory,it was one of my favorite subjects during my under-grads, I studied world history but I always was interested in EGYPT, it was not only due to biblical reasons but also due to their culture, tradition and of course the Pyramids.

I really wish I existed during the flourishing years of Egyptian civilization. I still wonder how they built the great pyramids, each cube of stone used weighed more than a ton and trust me these pyramids are tall and keeping in mind the fact that there were no cranes or trailers used it was a marvelous piece of architecture.

There are many civilizations which existed but I don’t think any civilization attracted me than this great civilization which existed next to the Nile.
Egyptians were unique and worshipped the Sun god-RA. There is a lot to write about Egypt, I’ll definitely write about it whenever I feel like!heliographic as a way to communicate. I would definitely love to travel to Egypt some day and travel on the path that Moses once walked!

'By 3000 B.C. the art of Egypt was so ripe and so far advanced that it is surprising to find any student of early culture proposing that the crude contemporary art of the early Babylonians is the product of a civilization earlier than that of the Nile'
-James H. Breasted

No comments: